Digital Library Cards
Want to get a digital library card so you can access our online library?
1. Fill out the PINES library online card application https://gapines.org/eg/opac/register
2. Send an email to and tell us your name and that you would like a digital library card
3. Get a response with your library card number
Later you can come to the library and convert your digital account into an account that will let you check our physical library materials. Send an email to if you have any questions.
Resident Cards: Obtaining and Renewing
Library cards are free to all residents of Georgia. Persons who attend school, own property or are employed full time in Georgia are eligible for a free PINES card. Patrons of both PINES and non-participating Georgia public libraries may receive a PINES card. Users from non-participating Georgia libraries shall have the same privileges as PINES users. Most PINES cards are valid for 2 years. Property owners who do not reside in Georgia are required to show proof of Georgia property ownership, such as a tax bill or deed. Non-Georgia residents who are employed in Georgia or attending school in Georgia are required to show proof of that employment or enrollment.
There is no minimum age for a child to receive a PINES card. A parent or legal guardian may register a child. The parent or legal guardian must show proper ID to register a child. A parent or legal guardian must sign the application for all children under 18. Signing a child’s PINES card application denotes acceptance of responsibility for all fines, lost or damaged materials.
Applicants for a card must complete and sign an application form, available at any PINES participating library’s circulation desk or online at www.gapines.org. Signing a PINES card application denotes acceptance of responsibility for all fines and fees for lost or damaged materials. Applicants are also required to provide proper ID, which includes a current, local address. Acceptable ID for receiving a PINES card (3 choices):
To obtain your library card, please come to the circulation desk and bring two forms of ID.
A. Photo ID showing current local address, OR
B. Photo ID and one item from approved list (see below) showing current, local address (if photo ID does not have correct address), OR
C. TWO (2) items from approved list showing current, local address.
Acceptable ID includes:
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid voter registration card
• Valid matricula consular [2004.08]
• Checks with pre-printed addresses
• A utility bill
• Tax receipt or other piece of mail that shows the user’s name and present address.
Non-Resident Fee Cards
Out-of-state cards are available to persons living outside Georgia who do not meet the above criteria for a $25 annual fee, payable at the time the card is issued. A temporary card is available for a $12.50 fee and is valid for 6 months.
Card Expiration, Renewal, and Replacement
Most PINES cards are valid for 2 years. Current identification is required to update an account. Patrons must also resolve all outstanding fines and fees in order to renew cards.
If a PINES card has been lost or stolen you must go to the circulation desk and ask for a replacement card. You must present ID when getting a replacement card. Replacement cards cost $2.00.
Your Patron Account
With your library card you can access your patron account online to check the status of materials checked out or on reserve, put materials on hold, renew items or change your password. Access to your account begins by clicking the PINES link on the Catoosa County Library website home page or by visiting www.gapines.org. Once there:
• Click on the “My Account” link in the upper, right-hand corner of the screen.
• Enter your complete library card barcode without any spaces or dashes, or your user name if you have created one.
• Enter your PIN or password. If you do not have a PIN or password, call or come by the library to get one.
• Click on the “Log in” button.
• When you have completed all transactions, click on the “Logout” button to close out your account information.